Posting date: 15/03/2016 - Updated on: 14/06/2017
Welcome to Wemap.
The Getwemap site is operated by WEMAP S.A.S., a simplified joint-stock company, located in Montpellier, France, 1, Place Francis Ponge, registered with the Montpellier trade and companies' register under number 793 369 075 (hereinafter “Wemap”, “Us”, “Ours”, “Our”).
To view a description of Our Services and the General Terms and Conditions of use, click here.
1. Data controller
The data controller within the meaning of the French Data Protection Act (Act no. 78-17 of January 6, 1978) is:
which has its principal office in (34000) Montpellier:
1 Place Francis Ponge
Registered with the Montpellier trade and companies' register under number 793 369 075.
2. When do we gather personal data on You?
We may gather personal data on You when you browse Our Site(s), applications or use Our services (using Our Site(s) or third-party web/mobile pages).
- Browsing the Site
It is not necessary to log on to provide Us with personal data to browse the Site. However, like most websites, the Site automatically gathers data on Your device (such as the name or address of the device that You use, the dates and times of logon, the type and content of http searches, etc.) and on the searches that You perform on Our Site.
- Creation of an account and use of the Services
In addition, when you use the Site, We may ask You to create an account or to sign up for one of Our Services by providing Us with certain information that could be used to contact You or to identify You and to administer Your account and manage our relationship with You.
As a result, the following information may be gathered:
- Your last name, first name and e-mail address and your pseudonym;
- Your contact information (e.g. your mailing address, telephone number, etc.);
- Information on your profile that you choose to fill in (e.g. country of residence, public profile photo, interests, etc.);
- Identification of the legal entity, if any, that you represent, its industry;
- Your bank details when you use fee-based services;
- Your subscriptions to Our newsletters.
Only the provision of your last name, name, pseudonym and e-mail address are mandatory to create your account. When you log on using your Facebook or Twitter account, said information is automatically gathered from Your public profile on these social networks.
As a result, we may gather and process the following information as part of Your use of Our services:
- The data contained in the profiles that you choose to fill in such as your name, your location and your biography;
- The technical identification data or the hardware that You use (e.g. computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.) and its components (SIM card number, IP address, cookies, etc.), (hereinafter, « “Your hardware” );
- Your geo-location and the SSIDs of the Wi-Fi networks detected;
- The data related to the content that You have created, Your interactions with Our Services and other users of Our services and the data (text, images, videos, emojis, etc.) that You decide to share with other users or make public as part of the use of Our Services;
- The data related to the settings of Our Services (language preferences, viewing format, etc.);
- Interactions with other Sites/Social networks/Applications/Services.
You may also provide Us with information when you interact (e.g. by using the Wemap features) with the content posted on Our Site or third-party Sites on which the Maps are displayed or as part of the use of Our services from or by logging on through third-party social networks, extensions or applications. The information gathered enables us to compile statistics on the use of the Maps integrated in Our sites and third-party sites.
3. HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA USED?
The main purpose of processing Your personal data is to enable You to use Our Services, and in particular, to:
- Create and use Your User Account;
- Modify and personalize the functions and features of the Services that You use;
- Provide You with innovative services to create, explore and share contents;
- Enable You to create, manage and share the contents that you create, e.g. maps generated using the Wemap service;
- Access the profile data and the contents of other users and generally to manage Your relationship with other users and the level of content sharing (friends);
- Manage the data of Your profiles and the set the sharing settings of your profile data;
- Provide You with technical support and resolve any issues encountered during the use of Our services;
- Inform you of updates to Our offerings and services;
- Ask Your opinions or participation in surveys, in particular to improve Our Services;
- Improve Our services;
- All other purposes stated at the time You provide Us willingly with Your personal data to provide You with Our Services;
- Perform analyses of the use of Our Services, and in particular, of our Maps by the Users to generate statistics and conduct analyses on our behalf or on behalf of Partners and Business Users;
- Prevent any prohibited or unlawful activities.
The information that we gather may be cross-referenced with information from other sources (e.g. databases acquired from third parties), in particular for use for surveys and statistics to identify the user profiles and analyze the behaviors linked to said profiles. The results of said analyses may be communicated, sold or rented for commercial purposes to third parties in aggregate or anonymized form that does not enable direct identification of the individuals involved.
4. WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
4.1 Provision to Our subsidiaries, partners and vendors
We may be required to provide Your personal data to third parties that work for Us or Our partners (the list of partners may be obtained by writing to us at the address mentioned in the section “Contact Us).”
Your personal data may also be provided to other affiliated companies, Our vendors, subcontractors or payment vendors in charge of managing, hosting, maintaining and administering the Site and Our Services and related transactions. The provision of the data is made under conditions and warranties enabling compliance with this policy and the rules applicable to protection of personal data, in particular, the rules on the subcontracting of personal data.
If WEMAP merges, is acquired or is sold to another company or part or all of our business is sold, We may provide Your personal data to this company even if it is established outside the European Union.
In addition, We may be obligated to disclose Your personal data to ensure compliance with a statutory or regulatory obligation, a court decision or, where this disclosure is necessary, to defend or exercise a right in a court of law either in France or abroad.
4.2 Visibility of Your profile data and sharing of Your contents with other Users
Your profile information is always public (i.e. visible by other users). By default, the name that appears in your profile is made up of the local part of the e-mail address provided when creating the account (e.g. “last name. first name”). You may at all times change the name appearing in Your profile and choose a pseudonym. You may change the settings of your user accounts to decline sharing of your contents with other users.
4.3 Use of the social network sharing buttons
When you use the features of third-party social networks (e.g. the “Share,” “Like” buttons from social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc.) personal data may be shared according to Your choices such as defined in the settings of Your profile in third-party social networks.
5. COOKIES, WEB TAGS AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
5.1 What is a cookie?
A cookie is a file that may be saved on the hard drive of Your hardware when viewing/using an,online service (website or application) using your web browser. A cookie file enables its issuer to identify the hardware on which it is saved during the duration of the validity or saving of said cookie.
Warning: : If you deactivate cookies completely, the site and certain features of Our services may not work properly.
- Cookies required for browsing and operating Our services
Such cookies enable Us in particular to:
- Recognize You when You log on to Your Accounts and use Our services and Applications and enable You to access Your account and the services linked to Your account;
- Implement security precautions, in particular, when you are asked to log on again to Your account after a certain period of inactivity.
- Detect any malfunctions and implement preventative or corrective steps.
- Functionality cookies
Saving cookies on your device is the simplest and quickest way to personalize and improve your user experience.
NWe use functionality cookies to optimize the operation of the site and Our services and adapt the presentation of the Site and Our services to the display preferences of Your hardware. These cookies provide easy, customized browsing by adapting the presentation of the Site and the Services to the display preferences of Your hardware (language used, display resolution, operating system used, etc.) when you log on to the Site or Our services based on the hardware and viewing or reading programs that your hardware uses.
These cookies are not required to browse the Site or use Our services, but you will not be able to access all of the functions and features of our Site and Our services if you deactivate them.
- Web analytics cookies (« web analytics »)
To run our Application, we use Google Analytics, a Web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. located in the United States (“Google”).
Said data are provided and stored by Google on its servers. Google will use said data to assess the browsing on our Site and Services, infer the location of the Users from the various browsing data, compile activity reports of the Site and Services for Us, in particular to measure how Users interact with the contents and use the Internet and Our services.
Google may also provide said data to third parties if required to do so by law or if third parties process data for Google.
- Les cookies de partage (liens sociaux)
Notre Site et Nos services contiennent des liens/boutons de partage vers des réseaux sociaux comme Facebook, Twitter, Google+ et autres réseaux sociaux similaires, qui vous permettent de partager des contenus avec d’autres personnes. Lorsque vous utilisez ces boutons de partage, un cookie tiers est installé. Si vous êtes connectés au réseau social lors de votre navigation sur notre Site ou l’utilisation de Nos services, les boutons de partage permettent de relier les contenus consultés à votre compte utilisateurs.
Nous vous invitons à consulter les politiques de protection de la vie privée de ces réseaux sociaux afin de prendre connaissance des finalités d’utilisation, notamment publicitaires, des informations de navigation qu’ils peuvent recueillir grâce à ces boutons applicatifs.
- Cookies déposés par des tiers
Pour l’exploitation du Site et de Nos services Nous pouvons être amenés à collaborer avec d'autres entreprises qui placent des cookies ou des balises Web sur le Site ou les applications mises en œuvre par Nos services.
Ces entreprises nous aident dans la gestion du Site et des Services et proposent des produits et services supplémentaires.
Veuillez noter que Nous ne pouvons pas accéder aux cookies déposés par d’autres sociétés et qui, de ce fait, leur utilisation relève de la seule responsabilité de ces sociétés tierces. L’utilisation de ces technologies par ces tiers est alors soumise à leurs propres conditions de traitement des données à caractère personnel et n’est pas couverte par la présente politique de protection des données à caractère personnel.
Si vous n’acceptez pas l’utilisation de ces cookies, Vous pouvez les désactivez en suivant les instructions ci-dessous à la rubrique « comment désactiver les cookies ? ».
5.3 How to refuse/delete cookies.
You decide whether to allow the saving of a cookie on Your hardware. As a result, you may change your decision at all times.
If you have accepted the saving of cookies on Your hardware in your web browser, the cookies integrated in the pages and contents that you have viewed may be stored temporarily in a dedicated space on Your hardware.
Most web browsers accept cookies by default. However, you may at all times change the settings in your web browser to refuse the cookies used by our Site and Our services or those of any other site/service/application and delete your cookies periodically. Each web browser is different. As a result, we urge you to read the contextual “Help” menu in your web browser to learn how to modify your cookie preferences.
Below you will find some links to the pages of the leading web browsers that show you how to deactivate cookies on your device:
- Internet Explorer
- Pour bloquer les cookies Google analytics
- Pour gérer le bouton de partage Facebook et Twitter
- Pour gérer le bouton de partage Twitter
- Informations sur la publicité comportementale et sur la protection de la vie privée sur Internet (y compris en cas d’utilisation des boutons de partage)
6. HOW DO YOU USE LOCATION DATA?
Our Services may be based on location services (e.g. the Wemap service). In this case and if you choose to use said services, the applications provided gather and process with Your consent, Your location data to provide you with the Service. For example, when you use the Wemap 9 Personal data protection policy - V.1 service, you have the option of easily creating a Pinpoint for your position and obtain directions to go from your position to a Pinpoint displayed on the map.
Our services may use various technologies to determine your location such as GPS, Wi-Fi or other network-based data such as the IP address. We will not share GPS geo-location data with third parties without your consent. To find out which technology is used and which data are processed, we urge you to read the general terms and conditions of use of our Services.
The Site or Our services may use the geo-location feature of your mobile operating system or of your web browser to determine Your position. With your express consent, the Site or service accesses your position from your web browser.
When You use the service for the first time and when it is configured in such way that knowledge of your position is necessary, Your web browser will ask if you wish to share your position with the service. If you refuse, your position is not shared and you will not able to use the service fully.
7. HOW ARE MY PERSONAL DATA PROTECTED?
WEMAP takes all the organizational and technical precautions necessary to protect Your personal data in compliance with the obligations and exceptions applicable under the laws in force in order to protect the data against any accidental or intentional handling, loss, destruction, disclosure or any unauthorized access to Your data.
8. PERSONAL DATA
Some of Our services offer You the option of inviting Your contacts to use the Service.
If you wish to invite Your friends to use one of Our Services, You will be asked to enter certain information in a dedicated form. By entering said information, You confirm that the person you are inviting has authorized You to provide his/her contact information.
This will allow you to send an invitation in Your name to Your contacts so that they can use Our services in compliance with the General Terms and Conditions of Use.
9. IN WHAT CASES WOULD YOU CONTACT ME?
9.1 Information on Our products and services and partners
WEMAP may send You offers related to the products, services or businesses offered by WEMAP or by our partners.
In this connection, we comply with Your wishes made known to us at the time you created Your account. In addition, You may change Your choices at all times by:
- Configuring the settings of Your User Account or, by
- Sending us an e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Using the unsubscribe links contained in our newsletters or marketing e-mails.
9.2 Service operation
We may ask You periodically to provide us with information on your experiences (e.g. to rate the Service/new features) which we will use to evaluate and improve the quality of Our services. You are not obligated to provide such data under any circumstance.
We may also contact You to inform you of any bugs or issues related to Our services.
10. HOW DO I ACCESS MY PERSONAL DATA AND CHANGE THEM OR EXERCISE MY RIGHT TO OBJECT TO THEM? ?
You have the right of access, correcting or deleting Your personal data and to object to the processing of your data for legitimate reasons. You may exercise such rights by using the Application's “Contact Us” feature or sending us an e-mail to the following address: email@example.com.
If You no longer wish to receive our offers or to be contacted for such purpose, You may at all times exercise your right to refuse that Your personal data be used for marketing by sending us an e-mail at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. IF YOU ARE LESS THAN 18 YEARS OLD
Our services are intended solely for persons 18 and over. If you are less than 18 years old, We ask that you obtain Your parents' consent or that of your legal representatives before providing us with Your personal data.
The settings for your mobile device and Our services may be configured in such a way that you are informed of calls, chats and incoming messages when you are not using the Application. If you do not wish to use said feature, you may change your device's settings to stop receiving notifications from the Application.
13. AMENDMENT OF THIS POLICY
This policy was updated last on February 29, 2016.
14. HOW TO CONTACT US
You may contact us for any question regarding the use of Your data or to exercise Your right to access, change or delete Your data at the following e-mail address: email@example.com and WEMAP S.A.S 1, Place Francis Ponge 34 000 MONTPELLIER.